We sit down with two of our fave beauty gurus unscripted and completely au naturale.
Peace is a Bridal makeup artist who has carved her niche in the beauty industry for sweet, flawless and fresh looks with a statement eyeshadow technique that leaves us swooning. She leads a team of other makeup artists resident at her beauty studio.
Layefa is also a renowned makeup artist based in Lagos Nigeria and a Beauty YouTuber.
They share fun friendship moments in this quick video and also a few of their favourite beauty tips.
5 Life Changing Concealer Hacks from our Fave YouTubers
We gathered the best tips and tricks from our favourite beauty Youtubers so you can get the best use out of your concealer. Here are the 5 best tricks we picked up.
1) Always start with an eye cream or a good moisturizer for your under-eye area before using a concealer. Not only will it make it easier for you to work the concealer around that area, it brightens and reduces the appearance of puffiness and dark circles. Also, you don’t want your under-eye area looking ashy after you bake. So, stay moisturized! – Wayne Goss
2) Highlight twice with concealer under the eyes for that extra WOW factor! We learnt from the best MakeupShayla, no wonder her face looks so sealed. Layer on concealer twice to get that extra look. Just be sure your blending game is on fleek – Makeup Shayla
3) Leave on your concealer for 2-3 mins so it gets tacky and thick enough, what this does is gives you an even fuller coverage and once the concealer is thick , it won’t crease and settle into fine lines easily –Jackie Aina
4) Mix some liquid illuminator in your concealer! Yes, put a dot of liquid illuminator. This further brightens the areas you are highlighting and gives you that glow from within. –Desi Perkins
5) This last one is our fave because did you know you could use your concealer to create the perfect nude lipstick! If you’ve been struggling to get that perfect shade of brownish nude, just reach for you concealer. You can also get a good orange lipstick out of your orange color corrector as well. – Bisa
To provide the best experiences, we use technologies like cookies to store and/or access device information. Consenting to these technologies will allow us to process data such as browsing behavior or unique IDs on this site. Not consenting or withdrawing consent, may adversely affect certain features and functions.
The technical storage or access is strictly necessary for the legitimate purpose of enabling the use of a specific service explicitly requested by the subscriber or user, or for the sole purpose of carrying out the transmission of a communication over an electronic communications network.
The technical storage or access is necessary for the legitimate purpose of storing preferences that are not requested by the subscriber or user.
The technical storage or access that is used exclusively for statistical purposes.The technical storage or access that is used exclusively for anonymous statistical purposes. Without a subpoena, voluntary compliance on the part of your Internet Service Provider, or additional records from a third party, information stored or retrieved for this purpose alone cannot usually be used to identify you.
The technical storage or access is required to create user profiles to send advertising, or to track the user on a website or across several websites for similar marketing purposes.